This module allows for you to quickly provision Generic QAM Interface ("GQI") QAMs within an Explorer Controller using the GQI Builder utility bundled with the EC Autopilot framework. It's important to note that the GQI QAM Builder may also be executed via command-line, but doing so eliminates certain features such as history tracking. For more information about command-line usage, please visit the documentation section of the Software Portal.
- Provisioning GQI QAMs is a very fast process and will only take a couple minutes. Additional steps required to provision may take a little longer, such as stopping/starting processes, etc.
- Prior to provisioning any GQI QAMs within the Explorer Controller, a design package must be created within the GQI Builder spreadsheet.
- It's important to perform a Dry Run of your template file before making any changes. The Dry Run process verifies the design file (data errors, compatibility with database, etc) and it does not make any changes to the system. Follow the steps below to perform a dry-run with your spreadsheet.
The Remove QAMs tool allows for the user to remove legacy QAMs in bulk.
- Removing QAMs requires the processes to be stopped on the Explorer Controller.
- Although this process only takes a few moments to complete, plan a Maintenance Window accordingly.
- All Legacy QAMs are listed within the table. Legacy QAMs include Scientific Atlanta and Cisco models; CA QAMs (UniQAMs), MQAMs, and GQAMs. If the QAM has an online session, service group, or TSR it will not be available for removal.