Provision Service Groups
The purpose of this document is to describe the process quickly provision Service Groups within an Explorer Controller using the Service Group Builder utility bundled with the EC Autopilot framework. It's important to note that the Service Group Builder may also be executed via command-line, but doing so eliminates certain features such as history tracking. For more information about command-line usage, please visit the documentation section of the Software Portal.
- Provisioning Service Groups is a very fast process and will only take a couple minutes. Additional steps required to provision may take a little longer, such as stopping/starting processes, etc.
- Prior to provisioning any Service Groups within the Explorer Controller, a design package must be created within the Service Group Template spreadsheet.
- It's important to perform a Dry Run of your template file before making any changes. The Dry Run process verifies the design file (data errors, compatibility with database, etc) and it does not make any changes to the system.
Remove Service Groups
The Remove Service Groups tool allows for the user to quickly remove Service Groups from an Explorer Controller. This feature automatically removes QAM Port assignments, saves the original record data, and provides a convenient rollback file.
- Removing Service Groups requires the processes to be stopped on the Explorer Controller.
- Although this process only takes a few moments to complete, plan a Maintenance Window accordingly.
- Note: Configuration Elements are removed from the Explorer Controller. To recover configured elements, the user must refer to the Transaction History panel.